Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans
Skip greasy takeout and try this easy stir-fried green beans recipe. If you don’t have a wok, you can make these stir-fried green beans just as well in a skillet.
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Per Serving: 97 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 285 mg sodium; 208 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (16% dv)
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat