Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Pops
Turn a strawberry-banana smoothie, or your favorite blended concoction, into freezer pops for a cool treat.
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Yield: 6 (4-ounce) pops
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes (including freezing time)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail or pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place strawberries, banana, yogurt, juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among six 4-ounce freezer-pop molds. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: six 4-ounce freezer pop molds (see Tip)
- Tip: If you don’t have your freezer pop molds, divide the smoothie among small paper or plastic cups instead. Freeze until very thick, but not completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Insert frozen-treat sticks and continue freezing until completely firm, 4 to 5 hours more.
Nutrition Per Serving: 92 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)