Strawberry Ice Cream
This strawberry ice cream harbors a hint of tangy orange.Yield: about 1 quart, for 6 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 45
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur, (optional)
- Puree strawberries with orange juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and orange liqueur, if using, and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||1 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (75% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 2
Exchanges 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
From EatingWell July/August 1994