Strawberry Ice Cream
This strawberry ice cream harbors a hint of tangy orange.
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Yield: About 1 quart, for 6 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur, (optional)
- Puree strawberries with orange juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and orange liqueur, if using, and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Nutrition Per serving:
124 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (75% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate