Strawberry-Mango Margarita Compote
Mangoes and strawberries make a magical marriage. Splashes of tequila, Triple Sec and lime add a subtle kick to the mix. For a nonalcoholic or kid-friendly version, substitute fresh orange juice for the tequila and Triple Sec.
From EatingWell: June/July 2005, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups halved or quartered hulled strawberries
- 2 cups diced mango, (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur
- Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld. If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Per serving:
134 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate