As good to look at as they are to eat, these sundaes turn a weeknight meal into a celebration.
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, juice drained
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam, preferably “all-fruit”
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Pull green tops off strawberries. Slice the strawberries and put half in a small saucepan. Add pineapple chunks, jam and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are soft, about 5 minutes. Carefully stir in the remaining strawberries (the sauce will be very hot). Set aside to cool.
- To serve, spoon most of the sauce into 4 ice cream dishes and top with scoops of frozen yogurt. Spoon the remaining sauce on top. Garnish with mint sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Per serving:
181 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 291 mg potassium.
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate