Try this filling in crepes or as a sauce for pancakes or French toast.
From EatingWell: Spring 2004
Yield: About 2 1/2 cups, for 8 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups diced rhubarb, (1 pound)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix 2 tablespoons orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, dried apricots, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring often, until the rhubarb is tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Per serving:
92 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 288 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
Try this recipe with: