Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Baked Potatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes, basil and tangy capers make a fresh-tasting topping for baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with cups of Creamy Artichoke-Spinach Soup.
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Let soak for 5 to 10 minutes to soften, then drain and cut into thin slivers.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, capers, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the baked potatoes.
Nutrition Per serving:
201 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 158 mg sodium; 942 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (27% dv).
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat