Sweet Pea Mash
Brighten up your plate with this brilliant-green puree. Serve with roasted jumbo shrimp or garlic-rubbed lamb chops.
From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Yield: 4 servings, generous 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 1/3 cups frozen peas, (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup minced scallion greens, or chives
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat peas, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the peas are heated through, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; pulse with sour cream and pepper until a chunky puree forms. Pulse in scallion greens (or chives) and bacon.
Nutrition Per serving:
164 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 7 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 214 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Folate (19% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1.5 fat