Good Green Tea Smoothie
This green smoothie is packed with grapes, spinach, green tea and avocado. A touch of honey adds sweetness.
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups, for two 1 3/4-cup servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups frozen white grapes
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed green tea (see Tip), cooled
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine grapes, spinach, green tea, avocado and honey in a blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To brew strong green tea, use twice the amount of tea (or two tea bags), but do not oversteep. Green tea should be steeped for no longer than 3 minutes; oversteeping will give the tea a bitter taste.
Nutrition Per serving:
345 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 10 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 56 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 9 g fiber; 36 mg sodium; 1110 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value), Vitamin A (63% dv), Folate (36% dv), Potassium (32% dv), Calcium (23% dv), Magnesium (18% dv)
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat