Forget iceberg; the traditional Wedge salad is better with Romaine lettuce and a healthier ranch-style dressing.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 heart of romaine, quartered lengthwise and cores removed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, (recipe follows)
Place 2 romaine quarters on each of 4 salad plates. Sprinkle with chives, bacon and blue cheese. Drizzle with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
This Recipe Calls For:
Nutrition Bonus: Folate, calcium, potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat