Tilapia with Tomato-Olive Sauce
Top tilapia fillets with a savory tomato-olive sauce that comes together in just 5 minutes. Look for tapenade near jarred olives in the supermarket. Serve with sautéed broccolini and farro tossed with toasted almonds.
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds tilapia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive tapenade
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook (in two batches if necessary), turning once halfway through, until golden brown and just opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer the fish to a serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Off the heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, tomatoes, wine and garlic to the pan. Return to medium heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of tomatoes are broken down, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in olive tapenade and cook for 1 minute more. Serve the fish with the sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving: 247 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 381 mg sodium; 626 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (18% daily value)
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 2 fat