Tomato & Basil Finger Sandwiches
A smear of reduced-fat mayonnaise and a little fresh basil allow perfectly ripe tomatoes to shine.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cut bread into rounds slightly larger than your tomato"a biscuit cutter works well. Spread each slice with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Per serving:
75 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 345 mg sodium; 118 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
Nutrition Note: What you get: Vitamin C, magnesium, folate.