Tomato juice replaces much of the oil and helps this French-style dressing coat the salad greens. In addition to crisp lettuce salads, it is delicious with grilled vegetables and bean or pasta salads.
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
20 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 102 mg sodium; 30 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food