Turkey Pastrami Sandwich
If you’re taking this sandwich to go, line one piece of bread with the pastrami and the other with Swiss cheese and tuck the sauerkraut and apple in the middle to keep the bread from becoming soggy.
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Yield: 1 serving
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices turkey pastrami
- 5 thin slices apple
- 2 tablespoons drained sauerkraut
- 1 thin slice reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 large slice rye bread, cut in half
- Layer turkey pastrami, apple slices, sauerkraut and cheese between bread halves.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Per Serving: 184 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 27 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 3 g fiber; 613 mg sodium; 61 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat