Our slimmed down version of twice-baked potatoes make a sophisticated side dish or a meal on their own—paired with a simple green salad.
From EatingWell: January/February 1999, EatingWell Fast & Flavorful Meatless Meals (2011)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake potatoes. Halve lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Puree cottage cheese and egg yolk in a food processor. Add potato flesh, scallions, dill, salt and pepper; pulse until just blended. Mound filling into potato skins and place in a baking dish. Bake until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Per serving:
182 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 430 mg sodium; 873 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (25% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat