Here we bake nectarine halves with a touch of vanilla sugar. Top with a touch of lightly sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped toasted nuts for a quick and easy dessert.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 nectarines, cut in half and pitted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place nectarines skin-side down in a small pie plate or small baking dish. Sprinkle with water.
- Stir together sugar and vanilla in a small bowl, until completely combined. Spoon the vanilla-sugar mixture into the cavity of each nectarine.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake until the nectarines are tender and the juices are syrupy, about 15 minutes more. (Add more water if the juices begin to scorch.) Brush the nectarines with the syrup from the bottom of the dish. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per serving:
88 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 286 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate