Vanilla-Orange Freezer Pops
These creamy vanilla-flavored orange juice pops will transport you back to the days of standing in line at the ice cream truck. Add a couple drops each of yellow and red natural food dye to give them a more vivid orange color.Yield: about 10 (3-ounce) freezer pops
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 370
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk orange juice, yogurt, sugar to taste and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||1 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (32% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
From EatingWell July/August 2009