Wild Rice Salad
Double this salad and add leftover cooked chicken or pork for a great lunchbox treat.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried fruit, such as apricots, raisins, dates or prunes
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, almonds or pistachios
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine rice, fruit, nuts, orange juice and oil in a medium bowl.
Nutrition Per serving:
153 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 208 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat