Wilted Greens & Pasta Salad
A fast side salad that helps you boost your vegetable servings for the day.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup small pasta, such as bow ties
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine, vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a small pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and toss with arugula, carrot, bell pepper, mayonnaise and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Per serving:
119 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 228 mg sodium; 187 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable