Olive oil and pine nuts are a simple addition to sautéed spinach.
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound spinach, stemmed, washed, torn and drained
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and stir until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach, in batches if necessary, and toss until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per serving:
79 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 652 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (213% daily value), Vitamin C (53% dv), Folate (55% dv), Potassium (19% dv), Iron (18% dv), Magnesium (24% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat