Winter Fruit Salad
Fruit salad isn't just for summer; orange, grapefruit, pineapple, star fruit and pomegranate combine for a satisfying dish your body craves.
From EatingWell: November/December 1998, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008), The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: 8 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 seedless oranges,peeled
- 3 pink grapefruits,peeled
- 1 pineapple, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, cut in half and seeds removed
- Remove white pith from oranges and grapefruits; quarter the fruit lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place in a large bowl and toss with pineapple, star fruit and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Per Serving: 110 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Fiber (16% dv).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 fruit