Wolf Pack Ambrosia
Kids love this simple combination of fruit, yogurt and marshmallows—and they can even help by stirring it all together.
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup fresh or canned, drained pineapple chunks
- 1 8-ounce container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Peel banana. Using a small blunt knife, carefully cut banana into thin slices. Put slices in a large bowl.
- Open can of oranges and pour juice into a small bowl. Add oranges and pineapple chunks to the bananas in the large bowl.
- Add yogurt to the large bowl and stir yogurt and fruit together with a wooden spoon. Add marshmallows and some of the juice you saved from the oranges to make it taste just right.
Nutrition Per serving:
115 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 35 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate