Zesty Dill Potato Salad
Red potatoes are a perfect choice in this salad because they keep their shape when sliced and they add color. Leftover meat or chicken may be added to this salad for a main dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground white or black pepper, to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water in a saucepan until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into approximately 1/2-inch slices. Place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with balsamic vinegar, white-wine vinegar and oil, tossing gently to coat. Add red and green bell peppers, scallions, dill and pepper and toss gently to mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Per serving:
122 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat