Forget take-out. Here are 100+ easy recipes for budget-friendly meals at home.5 Cheap Dinner Ideas from 1 Bag of Groceries
It’s hard to escape the biggest news in the country: the economy’s struggling. At a personal level, the nation’s financial woes may have you figuring out where you can cut costs. Cooking at home instead of eating out is an easy way to save money, particularly if you focus your meals around cheap ingredients.
We’ve pulled together more than 100 recipes that utilize some inexpensive, but nutritious, items from the grocery store. Browse these suggestions for recipes to help you save money and make an easy, budget-friendly dinner tonight.
Dinner in a Snap
These recipes use low-cost main ingredients that pack a lot of flavor, such as chicken thighs, beans and ground beef.
- Entrees Under $3 27 delicious dinner recipes for weeknights or easy entertaining.
- Bean Recipes It's convenience in a can. Quick and budget-friendly suppers with canned beans.
- Ground Beef Recipes Lean ground beef is a healthy, economical choice for quick and easy meals.
- Quick Chicken Recipes A chicken in every pot. Healthy chicken recipes ready in 30 minutes or less!
- Casserole Recipes Warm, satisfying casseroles are the epitome of comfort food; ours are healthy, tasty and satisfying. Plus, they make great leftovers!
- Soup and Bread Recipes Healthy soup and bread recipes that will satisfy and warm you all season long.
- Vegetarian Recipes Go meat-free; make simple and delicious meals with these healthy vegetarian recipes.
- Chicken Thigh Recipes Flavor and frugality are just two reasons to love chicken thighs.
- Quick Pasta Recipes Fast, healthy pasta recipes for any day of the week.
- Tofu Recipes Embrace tofu—a great, inexpensive source of protein—with these bold, delicious recipes.
Save money and eat healthier at home with these easy, delicious ethnic recipes.
Save Money at Every Meal
Packaged on-the-go foods don’t hold a candle to these easy and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack and dessert recipes.